Good Evening, God!
I’ve been thinking of just what I can do to lower my contributions to Global Warming. My wonderful husband Kit challenged me to Make a List! Then as I was centering the other night — a Brand New Thought for the List entered my head.
BE LESS JUDGMENTAL and ANGRY
Could my indignation and “righteous anger” be contributing to the warming of our planet? Good Heavens! I wanted to argue. But, golly! It felt RIGHT!
Hmm. So, Jesus really meant it when he said, But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you [and the planet.]
Fortunately, there were a few other (easier) ideas:
1) give money to Nature Conservancy who are planting a billion trees.
2) try for 2 out of 7 showers to be short each week.
3) batch my Amazon purchases . . . pretend I pay for shipping!
4) batch my errands and trips.
5) maybe have a no car day once in a while?
6) use the clothes hanger I got at least one load a week.
7) batch washing — fewer but bigger loads save energy .
8) turn off all the electronic in my office when I go to bed.
9) turn off lights when ever I can. (I used to resist this as a moth.)
10) more veggies and less meat.
All of this takes HOPE. It take FAITH. It takes EFFORT. It takes believing that everyone matters and that everything matters — no matter how small. Thankfully, You gave us the example of Greta Thunberg to encourage me.
I love it…. but don’t understand #6… is the clothes hanger something in place of a drier? Like with clothes pins in my old backyard in Kailua?? Love, ML >